Saturday, December 02, 2006

Lippi's international ambition

Marcello Lippi admits he received many offers after the World Cup triumph and would be willing to take charge of another national side.

“Several proposals came in, all from overseas, including some non-European clubs,” revealed the former Italy boss.

“My intention is to resume my activity in the 2007-08 season, so I’ll only make my decision in May. Would I go on another international bench? If there was an offer then I’d certainly consider it.”

Lippi has won every trophy available at club level with Juventus and conquered the 2006 World Cup in Germany before quitting the Azzurri.

He took a year off to rest and relax, rejecting a bid from the Mexican national team to sign him up this summer.

Most recently he has been linked with the Milan bench, Napoli and even Spain or England if results continue to disappoint.

The tactician spoke to journalists during today’s presentation of a new book about the Germany 2006 triumph, titled La Squadra. It was co-written between Lippi and journalist Rosa Alberoni.

No comments: